Birmingham: Fajli BiBi speaks about new COVID lockdown measures.
Please be aware that from 14th October there are new Coronavirus measures being implemented in Birmingham, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton. That is because these areas are in high COVID alert level areas along with other areas across UK.
* You must not socialise with other households or support bubbles indoors (including in cafes and restaurants)
* You can socialise in groups of up to six people outdoors (including in private gardens)
* you can continue to travel to but are encouraged to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible
* businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner.
* certain businesses are still required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close at 10 pm.
* businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through
This is in addition to the existing rules & guidance for individuals and businesses on key areas such as social distancing, face coverings, hygiene, workplace risk assessments and supporting NHS test & trace.
It is very important that individuals and businesses follow these rules to keep our communities safe and avoid the risk of fines or other measures.
If your business is being impacted by COVID-19 or you need support with understanding the latest guidance please call the Asian Business Chamber of Commerce helpline on 0121 274 3280